fall break.2009.great bend.ks

Sunday, February 27, 2011

typography journal 4.

Bruce Mau is the Chief Creative Officer of Bruce Mau Design. Clients of his Chicago and Toronto studios include Coca-Cola, McDonald's, MTV, Arizona State University, Miami's American Airlines Arena, New Meadowlands Stadium, Frank Gehry, and Herman Miller to name a few. Since founding his studio in 1985, Mau has used design and optimism to originate, innovate, and renovate businesses, brands, products, and experiences.

Mau is also recognized as an author and publisher of award-winning books. His latest book, The Third Teacher,  features a collection of 79 ways that design can transform teaching and learning for children to thrive in tomorrow's world.

I chose mantra #4 - Love your experiments (as you would an ugly child)
Joy is the engine of growth. Exploit the liberty in casting your work as beautiful experiments, iterations, attempts, trials, and errors. take the long view and allow yourself the fun of failure every day.

This mantra is important to me because sometimes I try to make my initial sketches and concepts perfect and fully thought out. On my current project for graphic design I came up with my final concept through a series of thoughtless sketches I had done.
Great ideas can happen when we are simply doing not over thinking..

No comments:

Post a Comment